Pre-Race ‘Admin’ Prep (24-48 hours from race)
- Last minute check of website / Facebook for race information/last minute changes
- Re-read online course and event info. You may have missed something!
- Aid station layout
- Dropbag locations
- Course maps / elevation profile.
- Check email for last minute emails from the RD. Check spam folder – use the search feature!
- Check weather report – adjust clothing as needed!
- Go shopping for any last minute supplies.
If you haven’t done it yet….
Plan your race
You don’t have to be an elite to plan your race strategy – even if it’s “beat the cut-offs”, a good plan will help you get to the finish line.
- Familiarize yourself with cut-off times. You hopefully have an idea on your expected pace based on training, course length, and elevation profile – but even if you don’t – know where the cut offs are!
- Nutrition/Hydration requirements. How far is each aid station? How long will it take you to get between them? What is the weather?
- Is a single handheld good enough or do you need two? A pack/vest?
- How many calories will you need for the whole race? What are the on-course offerings? Do you have dietary restrictions? How many will you need between aid stations and will you need to bring them with you?